REPRODUCTIVE DISORDERS – NIPT
TESTING DURING PREGNANCY
Non-Invasive prenatal Testing (NIPT)
Non-Invasive Prenatal Screening is a simple non-invasive blood test to screen for common genetic abnormalities in developing baby. It is done by analysing fetal DNA isolated from mother’s blood by Next Generation Sequencing.
Genestrings-NIPT is powered by Yourgene technology which is a world renowned for accurate and reliable analysis and reporting. Genestrings-NIPT offers screening of common Microdeletions along with chromosomal aneuploidies.
Key Specifications of Genestrings-NIPT
- Versatile: can be used for IVF/Donor eggs/ Single or twin pregnancy.
- Accurate: More than 99% detection and <1% false positive rate for trisomies 21, 18 and 13.
- In depth: All 24 chromosomes are screened for aneuploidies. Also, microdeletion analysis can be provided on request.
Why NIPT is offered?
NIPS can used for any pregnant women but the following high-risk scenarios require special attention:
- Advanced maternal age of 35 years and above, although everyone above 30 years should consider this test if other parameters below are also present.
- Pregnant women having prior history of genetic abnormalities or recurring abortions.
- Your doctor suspects some abnormality in your Nuchal Translucency Ultrasound Scan.
If you are going for Surrogacy/ Egg Donor/ IVF.